Our Young Men
African American males ages 8 to 18 are welcome to join the High Aspirations program.
Please review our screening process and complete an application included on this website.
By joining High Aspirations, young men are asked to meet the following objectives:
- Develop a relationship with God
- Practice abstinence
- Learn to be a leader and not a follower
- Develop a self-concept, gain identity and gain self esteem
- Become culturally aware
- Be better educated through education about life, common sense and academics
- Learn job readiness and get job experience
High Aspirations welcomes volunteers of all races and ethnicities to provide support and resources to our programs. We would love your help!
Here is a list some of the ways people can donate your time:
- Help set up – break down meetings
- Be an extra adult to help with outings, field trips, etc.
- Provide expertise or training for Lawn Service.
- Volunteer as a speaker
- Donate your skills, professional licenses and expertise
- Must be 23 years of age or older
- Must complete an application
- Pass the background check
- Be interviewed by the Concerned Mothers and Sisters of High Aspirations
- Complete volunteer orientation